Main | Registration | Login | RSSSunday, 19.05.2024, 08:37

Enjoy English

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SCHOOL LIFE » Lessons of Tolerance » The Lessons of Tolerance.
The Lessons of Tolerance.
salamandraDate: Wednesday, 16.05.2012, 00:13 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Are there any traces of intolerance you still have? Why is tolerance especially important today?

AsyaDate: Thursday, 17.05.2012, 18:58 | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
We learn about tolerance from different sources of information. It seems to me I don't have any traces of intolerance.
In dictionaries "tolerance" is introduced as patience. Tolerance creates a society in which people can feel valued and respected, and in which there is a room for every person with his own ideas, thoughts and dreams. Tolerance is especially important today, because facts show that modern society is becoming more and more violent. And as B. Show noted ''Though all society is founded on intolerance, all improvement is founded on tolerance''. If you often get into conflicts, you will spoil relations with others, and therefore you won't be a successful person. In my opinion people should be tolerant to other cultures, religions, ideas and values that differ from theirs. There are a lot of words related to tolerance such as cooperation, pluralism, care, freedom, respect, peace, independence, equality and solidarity. To be tolerant is to respect the rights of other people. If society isn't tolerant it will become more and more violent.

krisDate: Monday, 21.05.2012, 15:07 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
I think tolerance is a very actual topic nowdays.There is much cruelty in our world.
For example, there are still wars during which many people, including innocent are killed. I realize how dangerous they are.I fully agree with Anastasia that people should be more tolerant to each other,other cultures, religions, ideas and values that differ from theirs. To my mind our generation should be positive in our decision to prevent wars in future.
All conflicts begin with a misunderstanding of each other.That’s why we must be tolerant.To be tolerant means to respect the right of other people.Dal's dictionary treats "tolerance" as the ability to endure something just of mercy or leniency. If all people had been intolerant, then we would not have been.I'm sure they would have killed each other.That’s why tolerance especially important today.
As for me I have some traces of intolerance.But there are no perfect people.I believe that every day I get better.

Forum » SCHOOL LIFE » Lessons of Tolerance » The Lessons of Tolerance.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Pavlov School 2024
Website builderuCoz